- Event: Research School AOROC - Bibracte 4
- Date: (8) - 9 -13th october 2018
- Venue: Bibracte Research Centre, Glux en Glenne (France)
- Application Dead-line: 2018-05-15
- Further information: http://www.archeo.ens.fr/IMG/pdf/mosaic_flyer_english-2.pdf
Ranging from exchange to urban networks, interactions systems are a basic component of every society, from the prehistoric to the modern. The Research School ‘MOSAICnet: Networks in archaeological research’ aims at bringing together young and senior researchers around this transdisciplinary issue of networks. The Research School offers the state of the art of several methodological approaches (such as Social Network Analysis, Spatial Network Analysis, etc.), resulting from the dialogue between the Human and the Exact Sciences. It also intends to discuss their contributions to the research on past social, cultural and economic interactions. The Research School will last 6 days, and will address the matters of the theoretical context of the research on interaction systems, the empirical data we can rely on to grasp them, as well as provide an overview of several available methods of system analysis and reconstruction. Those tools will be applied using the Rstudio software.